Move over, hops – locally produced malt is in the spotlight for a busy third day of Spokane Craft Beer Week:
– Newly rebranded LINC Malt (formerly Palouse Pint) hosts a tap takeover at Cochinito Taqueria from 5 to 9 featuring a half-dozen brews made with locally grown barley, wheat and triticale.
Those include Bellwether’s Mexican-style amber Cochinito Lager, brewed with lime juice and zest as the house beer for the downtown restaurant; Badass Backyard’s Marzen; Black Label’s Palouse ESB; a Summer Wheat from Genus Brewing (at Nu Home Brew & Bottles in Spokane Valley); the Steam Plant’s Boiler 5 red IPA; and Whistle Punk’s Baronesse Pilsner, named after LINC Malt’s main barley variety grown at Joseph’s Grainery in Colfax.
They’ll be accompanied by a pairing menu matching each beer with a different type of taco, along with free appetizers using produce from LINC farms. LINC maltster Joel Williamson and Joseph’s farmer Bill Myers will be on hand.
– Some 11 offerings will pour for IPA Day at Twelve String, with $1 off pints and growler fills.
– Badass Backyard releases its LINC Malt Marzen, with bingo at 6.
– Hopped Up taps a Bloody Mary Pickled Jalapeno Ale.
– Bellwether releases an oyster stout collaboration with Millwood Brewing dubbed Bring Your Wellies, with Millwood brewer Jordan Conley on hand.
– Big Barn is pouring a whiskey barrel-aged Rye-teous Rye IPA version of its regular Dirt Road Rye.
– Get your first two pints for $4 at V Twin, with growler fills for $10/$12.
– Millwood Brewing offers specials through customer donations for employees of charitable organizations, with the Hungry Hound barbecue truck on hand
– Perry Street Brewing has special beer, cheese and charcuterie pairings.
– Cheney's Barrelhouse Pub and Pizza presents a River City night from 5 to 7 with Kung Fu Death Monkey imperial IPA and VB Stout on tap, and head brewer Todd Grove on hand.
– Iron Goat's Run Club embarks on a pub crawl from 5 to 7, with $1 off pints at Whistle Punk and Black Label.
– Black Label has trivia night from 6 to 8..
– The North Spokane Onion Bar & Grill hosts a four-course Iron Goat beer dinner from 6 to 9; call (509) 482-6100 for details.
– Get four specialty sliders paired with River City beers for $18 at both Onion Bar & Grill locations through Friday.