A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Bombastic is offering $20 growler fills and $5 glass pours of four beers from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at its Hayden airport location: the Coffee Cake and Coconut versions of Sleuth porter, Murder on the Orient Express stout with Szechuan peppercorns and cocoa nibs, and Small Business.
– Beers from Daft Badger and Post Falls Brewing will be on tap along with North Idaho Cider for the Coeur d'Alene Downtown Association's Mac & Cheese Festival from noon to 6 at the Resort Plaza Shops; a $25 tasting package includes six food samples, six 6-ounce pours and a souvenir pint glass.
– The Lantern Tap House's fifth annual Winter Beer Fest continues with 10 Washington selections on tap in the heated outdoor tent from 2 to 10 p.m.
– The Viking hosts a release party from 7 to 10 for a doppelbock collaboration by Waddell's and Tumwater's Matchless Brewing.
– An Abyss tasting at Steady Flow Growler House from noon to 4 will feature four versions of the barrel-aged Deschutes imperial stout: 2016 and 2017 regular, plus the 2016 Scotch and brandy variants. Tickets are limited, $15 plus fees in advance.
– Bellwether from 1 to 7 previews a Mexican-inspired amber lager it brewed as a house beer for the upcoming Cochinito Taqueria; get your first pint for $3.50.