A look at the holiday weekend in local craft beer:
– Through Tuesday, Manito Tap House and The Blackbird will donate $1 from every pint sold of Red, White & No-Li pale to the American Red Cross for Harvey relief, with the brewery matching the donations.
– Selkirk Abbey is contributing $1 from every pint sold through Sept. 10 to flood relief efforts.
– Beerocracy and New Belgium each are donating $1 from every pint of the brewery's Transatlantique Kriek sour sold at the Garland District pub.
– Bellwether is inviting everyone to bring homegrown herbs and spices to a Grui-It Ourselves harvest party and brew day from 2 to 4 p.m. The community gruit (herbed beer) will be released for the brewery's second anniversary Sept. 29.
– The new "Think Beer" radio show, hosted by River City brewer Todd Grove, debuts at 5 p.m. on KYRS-FM (88.1/92.3).