A look at the upcoming weekend in local craft beer:
– Pints Alehouse pours three coffee variations of AleSmith's imperial Speedway Stout on Friday and Saturday: Vietnamese Coffee, Mokasida with Ethiopian beans and Nibs & Beans with Colombian coffee beans, vanilla beans from Madagascar and Papua New Guinea and cocoa nibs from Brazil and Madagascar,
Green Bluff's 238 Brewing releases its seasonal Apple Butter Bock at noon with live music and a food truck.
– Beers from house brewery Square Wheel will pour for Arbor Crest Wine Cellars' Oktoberfest on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5, with German-style food and live music.
– The Newport Highway Growler Guys is donating proceeds from its root beer floats from noon to 8 p.m. to Providence Health Care Foundation.
– Paragon Brewing's Oktoberfest from 1 to 8 in Coeur d'Alene features an all-you-can-eat German menu at $25 for adults, $20 for ages 13-20 and $10 for kids 6-12 (includes two beers for adults, free for ages 5 and under).
– Steady Flow Growler House has a Fresh Hop Flow Fest from 2 to 8 with 20-plus offerings.
– Beers from Iron Goat, TT's Old Iron, Twelve String and brewery-in-progress Mountain Lakes will pour for the Rhythm and Brews Octoberfest from 4 to 7 at the Moran Prairie Grange, along with food, music and children's activities; tickets are $45 for adults, $20 for kids 5 and older, to support the Beats and Rhythms Cardiac Camp for children with congenital heart disease.
– The original Capone's in Coeur d'Alene celebrates its 26th anniversary with happy hour pricing all day and prizes.
– Bombastic Brewing will pour its Sleuth Porter, Blood Orange and Tart Cherry Dazzle witbiers and a surprise for the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association's Burgers & Brews fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.