– Fans of the New England-style IPA – a hazy, juicy, less bitter take that's the buzz beer around the country, and starting to catch on here – have a few options.
River City's New England approach to its sessionable Afternoon IPA will be featured in a pint night starting at 6 at Manito Tap House, along with a coconut-infused Mad Latvian Baltic Porter, watermelon-infused Girlfriend Golden, River City Red and Riverkeeper IPA.
And an imperial (8 percent ABV) New England IPA collaboration between Perry Street and Trickster's – Double Team Supreme, hopped with Loral powder and dry-hopped with Mosaic – will pour at the downtown Onion starting at 5 for trivia night. Also look for Perry's regular IPA and amber, and Trickster's Juice Box IPA and single-malt, single-hop pale with pilsner malt and Mosaic hops.
– Whistle Punk, whose flagship IPA is a New England-inspired Coast to Coast, celebrates the grand opening of its downtown taproom (in the former Brooklyn Deli lounge space at 122 S. Monroe) starting at 4.
– Orlison hosts a Women in Brewing night from 5 to 9, with head brewer Rachel Nalley and her female counterparts from Badass Backyard and Republic Brewing on hand to discuss working in a male-dominated field and how the brewing business is changing; look for guest taps of Badass' Daring Diva Raspberry Wheat and Republic's Big Mischief Porter.
– Volume Vertical Night at Twelve String will include the Valley brewery's last four anniversary beers – imperial black and red IPAs, a barrel-aged barleywine and a soured, barrel-aged imperial porter – along with an assortment of some of its stranger beers from the barrel.
– Black Label releases its Bavarian-style, banana/clove-accented 5 Mile Hefeweizen (5.8 percent alcohol by volume, 20 International Bitterness Units), with $4 pints starting at 5 p.m.
– Iron Goat will pour its Cap'n Kidd Scotch ale aged in bourbon barrels beginning at 4, with an accompanying pickle platter.
– Bellwether taps its Simon and Gruitfinkel collaboration with Four-Eyed Guys – a tart gose-style gruit (herbed beer) brewed with locally produced Palouse Pint wheat and barley malts and flavored with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme – starting at 3.
– English Setter releases its Steam Setter Red Honey Lager collaboration with the Steam Plant; get $4 pints between 3 and 9 p.m. with the purchase of a flatbread pizza, or if you wear your English Setter gear.
– River City is serving its RiverSon's Noble Rye-der collaboration with Orlison, a Belgian-style rye pale ale, with $10 growler fills of everything.
– Bennidito's Brewpub is pouring a single-hop India pale lager with fruity, tropical Ella.
– Perry Street's Night of the Living Kolsch starting at 4 will feature $2 schooners and $3 pints of the crisp German ale/lager hybrid, plus the usual Taco Tuesday food menu.
– Laughing Dog will host trivia night at Steady Flow Growler House from 6 to 8, with De Achste Hond peach sour and Imperial Pecan Porter on tap and brewery swag for prizes.
– Slate Creek is the guest for trivia at The Backyard Public House beginning at 8, featuring Mountain Hop imperial IPA.
– Geno's has a pint night with Tacoma's Wingman Brewers from 4 to 6.
– In Coeur d'Alene, Pilgrim's presents a free tasting of Belching Beaver and Caldera beers starting at 3:30.
– And for more Craft Beer Week info, check out Visit Spokane's Facebook Live discussion with representatives from No-Li, Badass, River City and Orlison.