UPDATE SATURDAY 1/7
– Pullman's Paradise Creek releases its seasonal, barrel-conditioned Daily Dubbel today at 5 for the Seahawks game.
– Slate Creek has tapped a small-batch Rasta Red, brewed with smoked malt and fresh orange peel and fermented on cinnamon sticks.
UPDATE FRIDAY 1/6
– New Boundary is hosting a Craft Brewed Potluck on Saturday from 5 to 8 during the Seahawks playoff opener; get a grunt fill today for $5 and bring a dish made with the beer.
UPDATE THURSDAY 1/5
– No-Li is launching Pacific NW Thursdays, with a new Northwest-inspired pint glass giveaway each month. First up is Seattle's Fremont Troll; get it free from 6 to 8 p.m. with the purchase of the beer of the month, Slacker orange/vanilla pale.
UPDATES WEDNESDAY 1/4
– Firestone Walker is January's brewery of the month at Nectar Wine and Beer, with Pivo Pils, Opal dry-hopped saison, Bretta Weisse, DBA (Double Barrel Ale), Easy Jack IPA and Luponic Distortion #4 IPA on tap; get a flight for $10 at the kickoff event Thursday from 6 to 8.
– Iron Goat has brought back the bright Mosaic IPA that originally debuted last summer.
UPDATES TUESDAY 1/3
– Downdraft is pouring a new, unfiltered Northwest Pale Ale.
– Daft Badger's Wednesday small-batch release will be the barrel-aged cream ale.
– Twelve String has a release party for its seasonal High Note Black IPA on Thursday.
A look at local craft beer events for the first week of the new year:
– Advance admissions for this year's Winter Beer Fest at The Lantern Tap House, Jan. 12-14, go on sale today; buy before Jan. 10 and receive entry to a private tasting Jan. 11. Cost is $15 for a souvenir glass and five drink tokens (good for one 10-ounce pour.; 4-ounce samples are two tokens, additional tokens are $1 each).
– Comet Destroyer Fresh Hop IPA is beer of the month at Waddell's, with $4 pints. Growler fills of Lost Woods Winter Ale and Oktoberfest Marzen are $6 while supplies last (discount kegs also available).
– Selkirk Abbey still is pouring the keg of classic Duchesse de Bourgnone sour red that was tapped for Sunday's New Year brunch.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys launches the first in a quarterly series of bottle swaps from 5 to 7; bring something from your cellar to trade or share.
– Black Label releases a Pale Session Coffee Stout brewed in collaboration with the winner of a local homebrew contest.
– Ecliptic will be featured in a tap takeover at Sandpoint's Idaho Pour Authority starting at 5 p.m. as part of a fundraiser for the Friends of Scotchman Peak Wilderness Winter Tracks program, along with live music and a raffle for an insulated stainless steel growler. Beers scheduled to pour include Carina Peach Sour, Spectra Hoppy Pils, Orbiter IPA, Filament Winter IPA, JH2 IPA, Capella Porter and Third Orbit Imperial Porter.
– Downdraft will tap its latest small-batch specialty – a jalapeno-infused version of its Seltice SMaSH IPA – for an '80s-themed First Friday party starting at 6, with live music by Sam Leyde, food from Las Brasas Mexican Grill and prizes for the three customers best-dressed for the decade.
– The Steam Plant releases a new batch of its Wild Strawberry Sour.
And as always, keep checking back for more information about everything happening throughout the week.