The summer is falling into shape.
This week, Northern Quest announced the remainder of its outdoor summer concert series, with three of the shows going on sale Friday:
- Happy Together 30th Anniversary Tour (including The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night, Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad, Gary Lewis & The Playboys and Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels) – July 10 (on sale Friday; $25, $35 and $45)
- Tim McGraw with guests Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope – July 30 (on sale Friday; $89, $109 and $129)
- Train – Aug. 1 (on sale Friday; $75, $95, $115)
- Foreigner, Styx and Loverboy – Aug. 3 (on sale May 31; $55, $65, $85)
- Toby Keith with Joe Nichols – Sept. 22 (on sale May 31; $75, $95, $115)
Previously announced shows in the 2014 Pepsi Outdoor Summer Concerts are:
- New Edition with Tony! Toni! Toné! (New Edition featuring all original members: Bobby Brown, Rickey Bell, Michael Bivins, Ronnie DeVoe, Ralph Tresvant, and Jonnie Gill) – July 9
- Disco Quest 70s Party with KC and The Sunshine Band & The Village People – July 19
- Rascal Flatts – Aug. 8
- Jeff Foxworthy – Sept. 12
For tickets or more information on the series, visit Northern Quest online com or call (877) 871-6772.
Meanwhile, the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington, added one more show to lineup that already includes Arcade Fire, Bruno Mars, Aerosmith, Linkin Park and – of course – the Dave Matthews Bands.
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, with special guest Steve Winwood, will pull into the Gorge on Aug. 15. The show will happen on the heels of the release of “Hypnotic Eye,” the first album from the Heartbreakers in four years. It’s being released on July 29.Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. May 31 through Live Nation and Ticketmaster outlets. Prices are $45 and $127.
Meanwhile, here's a little vintage Tom Petty to get you in the mood.