A favorite Seattle brewery comes back to town today to help celebrate Spokane Craft Beer Week:
– Perry Street again takes on Fremont in its second annual Friday Firk-Off. Each brewery will tap two specialty firkins starting at 5 (available as pints or flights), with the customer who blows each cask receiving brewery swag. Also look for a surprise small-batch offering from Fremont.
– Badass Backyard taps its own firkin at noon with $4 pints all day.
– The Steel Barrel's three house breweries are pouring special releases: Young Buck's barrel-aged From the Woods Batch 1 rhubarb sour, Little Spokane's barrel-aged Cuddle Puddle strong ale and a collaboration Belgian golden strong between those breweries and TT's Old Iron.
– Whistle Punk has tapped a new IPA dubbed Yanny (hopped with Loral, of course).
– Bellwether showcases its Prose collaboration with Mountain Lakes – the latter's peach hefeweizen blended with Bellwether's rosemary abbey ale – for Bangers & Brews from 5 to 8 (also look for it in the Mountain Lakes taproom starting today). Spokane Community College's Inland Northwest Culinary Academy will serve sausages made with locally grown pork, on spent grain pretzel buns from Alpine Bakery, for $8 with proceeds benefiting the Inland NW Food Network.
– A Waddell's tap takeover at the Newport Highway Growler Guys from 5 to 8 will feature the new Basic Batch vanilla coffee cream ale.
– Hopped Up releases a Wild Red sour cherry ale to accompany a bonfire on the patio.
– Black Label taps a whiskey oak-aged S.M.O.G. imperial stout.
– Bennidito's Brewpub is pouring a Dry Fly whiskey barrel-aged version of its Old Bill's stout.
– Get $4 pints and $10/$12 growlers for happy hour at V Twin from 3 to 6.
– Millwood Brewing offers specials through customer donations for active and former military members, with the Hungry Hound barbecue truck on hand.
– Buzzsaw McThunder's '70s Dance Party, named after Iron Goat's recent hazy IPA release (and assistant brewer Adam Boyd's former film persona), starts at 7 in the taproom complete with disco ball, DJ music and a prize for best period costume.
– It's also '70s Night at Big Barn, with the tunes grooving from 6 to 8.
– The 3 Ninjas food truck comes to Twelve String for beer and food pairings including a special dish or two.
– Get four specialty sliders paired with River City beers for $18 at both Onion Bar & Grill locations.
– An Iron Goat tap takeover runs from 3 to 6 p.m. at The Observatory.