Collaboration beers by teams of area brewers, always a highlight of Spokane Craft Beer Week, take center stage on today's schedule at a new location:
– In a last-minute switch due to unforeseen circumstances, this year's CollabFest has been moved to Iron Goat (not the previously announced Bellwether) from 4 to 8 p.m. Admission is $10, which includes a commemorative glass and four drink tickets. Additional tickets are $2 each or three for $5.
There should be no shortage of sours, including a tangerine/soursop rendition from Iron Goat and Chewelah's Quartzite, the OMG orange/mango/guava version from River City and Waddell's, and a dry-hopped, blended barrel-aged sour from No-Li and Genus. Also look for the No ReSt saison from Northern Ales, Republic Brewing and the Steam Plant; a strawberry hefeweizen from Orlison and Whistle Punk; a mimosa-style Et tu, Brute? IPA from Four-Eyed Guys and Waddell's; and the Bring Your Wellies oyster stout by Bellwether and Millwood Brewing, among others.
Bring donations of new or like-new clothing for children, infants to teen, to get raffle tickets toward brewery merchandise.
– Twelve String has a vertical tasting of its last four barrel-aged anniversary beers – Volume 3 imperial red, Volume 4 barleywine, Volume 5 imperial tart porter and Volume 6 tequila stout – with the Mac Daddy's food truck on hand.
– Badass Backyard releases a Burton Kolsch to accompany trivia at 6. And advance registration is required for a training seminar on identifying common off-flavors in beer on Wednesday beginning at noon; tickets are $25 plus fees.
– Black Label is pouring a Collaboration Pale with Perry Street and a ShanBuchy collab with Damn!Bucha kombucha, and has a do-it-yourself wall-mounted bottle opener workshop from 5:30 to 8:30.
– V Twin, typically closed on Tuesdays, is open from 3 to 7 with your first pint for $3.
– Iron Goat is taking $2 off its prefilled 32-ounce crowler cans.
– Millwood Brewing offers specials through customer donations for emergency first responders, with the Hungry Hound barbecue truck on hand.
– Perry Street is offering two tacos for $5 all day plus happy hour drink pricing from 2 to 5.
– Get four specialty sliders paired with River City beers for $18 at both Onion Bar & Grill locations through Friday.