The focus turns to the Spokane Valley and to homebrewers for the fourth day of Spokane Craft Beer Week:
– Twelve String hosts a Valley Brewery Day with guest kegs from neighboring breweries, and the brewers on hand from 4 to 8 to talk about them. Look for the Daring Diva raspberry wheat from Badass Backyard; English Setter's Scotch ale, The Yard; a Brett-based amber by Genus (at the Nu Home Brew supply store); Hopped Up's pineapple/coconut Wicked Wahini cream ale; Millwood Brewing's Frog Skin Porter, and V Twin's Hella Jalapeno. Food will be available from the Mac Daddy's truck.
– Bellwether's third annual Brewers' Showdown homebrew competition features five summer-themed beers from two-brewer teams, each using locally produced LINC Malt as the base malt. Customers can order flights and vote for their favorite through Saturday; the winner will have a large-scale batch of their recipe brewed on Bellwether's system for later release.
– Millwood Brewing welcomes Bellwether brewer Thomas Croskrey for the release of their oyster stout collaboration and offers specials through customer donations for teachers and coaches, with the Hungry Hound barbecue truck on hand.
– Badass Backyard releases an English-style Best Bitter. The homebrew contest previously announced there today has been postponed until June.
– Hopped Up taps a Coffee Blaster pale, with Pizza Rita pizza by the slice.
– Roll doubles on the dice and get your first pint for $4 at V Twin.
– The Good Brews podcast (hosted by Iron Goat brewer Adam Boyd) releases a dry-hopped sour saison for its third anniversary party at Community Pint starting at 6, along with a prize raffle. Also look for the beer at the Iron Goat taproom, which has its weekly trivia night at 6:30.
– Perry Street celebrates the pilsner style with its Night of the Living Pils from 5 to 9, featuring $3 pints and 12-ounce pours for $2.
– Mountain Lakes releases a Pompatus Peach Hefeweizen and launches a raffle for stainless growlers and other prizes (drawing at the end of business Saturday).
– Bennidito's Brewpub is pouring a Dry Fly whiskey barrel-aged version of its Old Bill's stout.
– Black Label features its recent Malt-O Trio doppelbock/barleywine/imperial stout collaboration blend with River City along with a game night.
– The Viking hosts a Mario Kart video game tournament from 6 to 9 with teams representing Icicle, Orlison, Paradise Creek and Waddell's, each of which will bring two beers to pour; get $1 off all craft pints.
– A Lagunitas Beer Experience at The Lantern Tap House beginning at 5:30 will include Aunt Sally dry-hopped sour, the A Little Sumpin' Sumpin', lighter Sumpin' Easy and CitruSinensis pales, The Waldos' imperial IPA and Fudge and Sickle imperial stout; get four tasters and a pint of your favorite for $8.
– The South Hill Mackenzie River Pizza has an Iron Goat pint night from 6 to 8; get a free glass with a purchase.
– No-Li will feature its Born & Raised and Big Juicy IPAs for a Beer & Wings night at Birdy's Sports Bar beginning at 5.
– Get four specialty sliders paired with River City beers for $18 at both Onion Bar & Grill locations through Friday, with the River City crew on hand at the downtown Onion today from 5 to 8.