Christmas is coming early to Community Pint, thanks to Firestone Walker.
The California brewery is taking over 10 of the Spokane craft beer bar’s taps for a Christmas party Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m., along with two selections each from Fremont and Georgetown.
The “green” beers in the Firestone lineup include:
– The STiVO Keller Pils collaboration with Russian River.
– DBA (Double Barrel Ale), a cask-fermented English-style pale.
– The flagship Union Jack IPA.
– The latest in the Luponic Distortion series of IPAs using experimental hops, the new No. 008.
– Mocha Merlin coffee oatmeal stout.
There also are five more exclusive “red” selections:
– The Sour Opal interpretation of a traditional Belgian gueuze.
– Krieky Bones sour cherry Flanders-style red.
– Velvet Merkin bourbon barrel-aged oatmeal stout.
– The barrel-aged Pacific Gravity Weizenbock strong wheat beer.
– This year’s XXI Anniversary Ale barrel-aged blend.
Along with full pours, three different four-ounce taster packages will be available: Rudolph (four green pours, two red) for $14, Dasher (six green, four red) for $24 and Blitzen (nine green, five red) for $30. That will continue through Sunday, as supplies last.
Also look for Georgetown’s Chardell chocolate coffee stout and Hansen Brothers imperial black IPA, plus Fremont’s Winter Ale and Lush IPA.