A look at the rest of the weekend in local craft beer:
– A Hoptoberfest celebration at MickDuff''s in Sandpoint from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. will include Amarillo and community-sourced fresh-hop ales, the seasonal Mashing Pumpkin and a RoggenFest rye collaboration with Paragon plus live music, games and more.
– Post Falls Brewing's Oktoberfest from noon to 10 will feature a Dr. Roktoberf Festbier, Summit Cider's seasonal Full Send, live music and food trucks.
– Bellwether continues its second anniversary celebration starting at 1 with three special beer releases: the Gru-It Ourselves community-sourced herb beer, aged Seawolf braggot and Luposlipaphobia fresh-hop red.
– The Two Seven Public House hosts an Oktoberfest parking lot party starting at 2 with live music, German food specials and authentic crystal beer steins.
– Big Barn's High Hopes for High Hops fresh-hop festival from 2 to 6 features its Cascadian dark Midnight Harvest along with offerings from Badass Backyard, Bellwether, English Setter, Hopped Up, Steam Plant, Top Frog and Twilight Cider. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door, which includes five drink tokens, live music and a bratwurst with sides; proceeds benefit the Green Bluff Lions Club.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys' IPA-Off from 2 to 5 is a blind tasting of special releases from breweries including Daft Badger, Downdraft, Laughing Dog, Mad Bomber, MickDuff;s, Selkirk Abbey, Slate Creek and Trickster's.
– Ten Washington breweries will pour for Restaurant Wars II from 2 to 10 at Avista Stadium; admission is free for the beer garden/food trucks/live music, restaurant tasting tickets are $17 in advance, $20 at the door (as available).
– New Boundary is tapping a keg of 1919 Flashover Red – an imperial Mexican lager (9 percent ABV) with serrano peppers – for its Cheney Firefighters Benevolent Fund auction starting at 5:30, with pizza from David's and entertainment by Spokane County Firefighters Pipes and Drums.
– Moscow Brewing has a release party for its fall seasonal Mosaic IPA from 4 to 8 with live music and the Forgotten Roots food truck.
– Perry Street is pouring its third and final fresh-hop beer of the season, a Mosaic IPA.
– Trickster's has tapped its BoatLoad Fresh Hop IPA, brewed with Simcoe and Loral.
– Slate Creek is serving its fourth annual Backyard Harvest Rye IPA brewed with fresh hops contributed by customers.
– Twelve String has released a new IPA, One Hit Wonder, sessionable at 5.6 percent ABV and hopped with Idaho 7 and Falconer's Flight 7 C's.
– V Twin's new Hop On Let's Ride IPA is brewed with Magnum, Citra, Jarrylo and Mosaic and dry-hopped with Simcoe.
– River City's Randall for the weekend is Afternoon IPA through fresh strawberries.
– Steady Flow Growler House presents an IPA class by Certified Cicerone Grant Weber from 11 a.m. to noon; cost is $15, including several samples.
– Sandpoint's second annual Boobs 'n Beer fundraiser for Celebrate Life and Community Cancer Services starts at 11 a.m. with a 5K fun run followed by an Oktoberfest celebration at MickDuff's Beer Hall; registration starts at $40 for adults, $10 for kids.