Halloween is all about candy, of course, but beer certainly has its place at the party. Among the goings-on at area breweries and craft beer bars:
– Coeur d’Alene’s Filling Station on 5th gets things started Friday at 8 with its Dark Woods night, featuring big barrel-aged beers from Deschutes, Firestone Walker, Fremont and Grand Teton. There will be a Halloween costume contest with male, female and duo/group categories.
The lineup includes:
• Deschutes’ Black Butte XXIX imperial porter, 2015 and 2016 Abyss imperial stout and Fresh Squeezed IPA.
• Firestone Walker’s 2017 Parabola imperial stout, 2016 Velvet Merkin oatmeal stout, 2017 Pacific Gravity weizenbock and 2017 Stickee Monkee quad.
• The 2016 and 2017 coffee and 2016 Spice Wars versions of Fremont’s bourbon barrel-aged Dark Star imperial oatmeal stout, plus its rare Unicorn Tears imperial oatmeal milk stout with cherries.
• Grand Teton’s barrel-aged Black Cauldron imperial stout and Double Vision doppelbock, Coming Home rye barleywine, Sour Brown and session Ale 208.
– Community Pint’s Halloween Weekend from Friday through Sunday will include rotating Randall-infused versions of the house Community IPA along with Dogfish Head’s Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout and Almanac’s sour Pumpkin Pie de Brettaville. Come in costume and get $1 off drinks.
– Moscow’s Rants & Raves has a costume contest Friday with judging at 6:15 for kids (13 and under), teens (14-18) and themed families, and at 7:15 for adults, themed couples and best overall costume. And all weekend, vote for your favorite server costume (winner announced Sunday during trivia).
– Post Falls Brewing’s Halloween Bash on Saturday will offer family fun with treats for kids from noon to 4 p.m., live music by Andy Rumsey from 1 to 4, food from Pi-daho Artisan Pizza until 8, a costume contest with prizes and a dance party starting at 6.
– Hopped Up hosts an all-ages Fall Frenzy fundraiser Saturday starting at 2 for the Rock Star Wheelers, a 4x4 off-road vehicle group that supports local charities. Look for a costume contest, pumpkin painting, a pie-eating contest, candy for kids, raffles and more.
– Mad Bomber’s third annual Halloween party Saturday starting at 8 will include singles and couples costume contests, a pumpkin carving contest, beer specials, merchandise giveaways each hour and live music by John Frayer and Tom Applegate.
– Badass Backyard’s Halloween Haunted Beer Bash from 5 to 9 on the actual Halloween next Tuesday will feature new beer releases, a costume contest (voting after 6 p.m.) and games.
– Nectar Wine and Beer’s Halloween Trivia Bash on Tuesday from 7 to 9 will include costume contests for individuals and groups along with drink specials (call 509-290-5239 in advance for reservations for groups of six or more).
– Selkirk Abbey is running a Halloween growler fill special, $10 for core beers ($9 for College of Cardinals members).