A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Hayden's Bombastic, not usually open to the public, is pouring pints and filling growlers of four beers from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Common Wisdom imperial IPA; two imperial stouts, the cocktail-inspired Old Fashioned Murder and Szechuan peppercorn-spiked Murder on the Orient Express; and Small Business wild ale.
– The annual Washington Beer Open House features special releases and events from noon to 5 at breweries across the state including Badass Backyard, Bellwether, Big Barn, Black Label, Hopped Up, Top Frog, V Twin and Young Buck.
– Downdraft celebrates its grand reopening under new ownership from 2 to 9 with a "Twin Peaks"-themed party. Look for beer specials, hourly giveways, food from Junior's BBQ and Bean & Pie, a costume contest at 6 and trivia at 7.
– Steady Flow Growler House has an Avery tap takeover all day – with imperial stouts including a rare keg of the discontinued Mephistopheles, barrel-aged Uncle Jacob's, peanut-infused Nuttiest Professor and Vanilla Bean – plus a Legos building contest from 6 to 9, with raffles and prizes.
– A Fremont tap takeover at Pints Alehouse features eight barrel-aged beers (including the elusive Coconut B-Bomb) plus The Coroner and Spring Elixir imperial IPAs, Known Unknown nitro stout and Stone Squirrel coffee porter; it continues through the weekend, as supplies last.
– Community Pint hosts a Mardi Bras benefit from 7 to 9, with $1 from every beer sold going to the organization that helps homeless women with their personal needs.