UPDATE FRIDAY 2/3
– River City is serving a firkin of RIver City Red with coconut for First Friday, along with a Randall of Huckleberry Ale through blueberries, blackberries and lemon zest.
– Iron Goat is pouring a pre-Valentine Chocolate Raspberry Pale Ale.
UPDATES THURSDAY 2/2
– Paradise Creek today releases the Triple Paradise IPA (7.9 percent alcohol by volume, 101 International Bitterness Units) that it brewed for this month's Washington Hop Mob events in Seattle, fermented with Belgian yeast and hopped with Amarillo, Falconers Flight and Sorachi Ace.
– No-Li is offering a free Old Town Portland pint glass with beer purchases on Thursday nights this month.
UPDATES TUESDAY 1/31
– Perry Street has tapped a big Black IPA (8.1 percent alcohol by volume) brewed with a touch of rye flakes.
– Yakima Craft Brewing visits the North Spokane Growler Guys on Friday from 5 to 7 with beer specials and prizes.
– V Twin's Super Bowl potluck starting Sunday at 1 will feature $4 pints ($3 on Wheat Glide) along with games and prizes (chili/corn muffins/desserts provided).
– The Steel Barrel's Super Bowl party starting at 3 will include $2 off drinks when your team is ahead (and you're wearing their colors).
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– No-Li is selling specially designed "Spokane Has Heart" T-shirts today and Tuesday from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. to benefit a Spokane Valley family whose 3-year-old daughter died in a house fire; cost is $40, with all proceeds going to the family's GoFundMe account.
– Downdraft is offering 20 percent off growler fills all week in advance of the Super Bowl.
– Pilgrim's presents a free Ballast Point tasting starting at 3:30, including Grapefruit Sculpin IPA, the El Dorado and new Manta Ray double IPAs, Barmy strong golden ale with apricots and honey, Nitro Red Velvet chocolate/beet oatmeal porter and Peppermint Victory at Sea imperial porter.
– Bellwether's Gruitfest from 5 to 9 celebrates International Gruit Day with six versions of the ancient herbed, hopless beer style: a collaboration with Whistle Punk, Young Buck and Republic Brewing, plus individual offerings from Bellwether, Whistle Punk, Republic, Big Barn and Iron Goat. Get a souvenir glass and seven sample pours for $20 (limited to first 75 customers).
– Nectar Wine and Beer in Kendall Yards welcomes Crux Fermentation Project as its February brewery of the month, with Pilz pilsner, Off Leash session IPA, French Connection imperial IPA, PCT Porter, Brewdeck Series Hopped Scotch Ale and Doublecross Belgian strong dark ale on tap; get a flight of all six for $10 at a kickoff party from 6 to 8, with a brewery rep and swag.
– Pilgrim's presents a free Super Bowl Beers tasting starting at 3:30 including Deschutes Pacific Wonderland lager, Wallace 6:60 India pale lager, Hop Concept Citra & Azacca IPA and Rogue Double Chocolate Stout.
– Downdraft’s Valentine-themed First Friday party from 7 to 10 includes two small-batch releases – Blood Orange IPA and Heartbreaker Habanero Raspberry Stout – plus live music by Sam Leyde and food from Las Brasas Mexican Grill.
– Badass hosts its first Brews and Laughs live comedy night from 7 to 9.
– Nu Home Brew's free monthly brewing class from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. will cover the California Common (aka "steam beer") style.
– English Setter's third anniversary party starting at 11:30 a.m. features beer and food specials plus prizes and live music.
– Northern Ales in Kettle Falls hosts its annual Foodstock music festival starting at 2 to benefit the local Community Chest food bank.
– Big Barn is donating $1 from every pint sold between 3 and 5 to a local family who lost their home in a fire.
– Black Label showcases its coffee beers – a new Coffee Cream Ale brewed for neighboring Saranac Public House plus the Coffee Amber and Indaba stouts – in a release party starting at 5; get a flight of 5-ounce tasters for $5.
– Chewelah's 15th annual Cork and Keg beginning at 7 at the Civic Center includes wine and beer tasting plus appetizers and a silent auction for $35, to support local Lions Club community programs.
– Perry Street's second annual Super Bowl party includes a 20-ounce commemorative glass and your first fill plus a smorgasbord for $35 (reservations required).
– Post Falls Brewing hosts a Super Bowl potluck from noon to 6 with $1 off pints plus trivia and games at halftime.
And as always, keep checking back for more info about everything happening throughout the week.