UPDATE TUESDAY 10/25
– Orlison has tapped a Snowplough Imperial Chocolate Stout (8 percent alcohol by volume, 45 International Bitterness Units) brewed with Dominican cocoa nibs.
– A Hazelnut Praline Stout will be Wednesday's weekly small-batch offering at Daft Badger.
– Rants & Raves turns into Rats & Ravens for a Halloween costume contest Saturday, with registration for kids (13 and under), teens (14 to 18) and families at 6 and awards at 7:30, and registration for adults and couples at 7:30 and awards at 9:30.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– Red Guitar Red is beer of the week at Twelve String, with $1 off pints and growler fills.
– No-Li's weekly Flights & Bites menu includes a salami/parmesan calzone paired with Komrade Imperial IPA, chicken pot pie with Amber Ale and vanilla cheesecake in a baked apple with Slacker Brass Ale; get all three for $15 after 5 p.m.
– A Green Flash/Alpine tap takeover from 6 to 9 at the Flying Goat, to support breast cancer research through the Prevent Cancer Foundation, will feature the Treasure Chest 2016 pink IPA brewed with grapefruit juice, prickly pear juice, hibiscus and Mosaic hops.
– Waddell's Neighborhood Pub & Grille is offering $4 Alaskan Brewing pints, with purchasers entered in a drawing for one of the brewery's fire pits.
– The #SpoBU Twitter meetup group holds its monthly gathering from 4 to 6 at Hopped Up.
– A Mad Bomber brewer's dinner starting at 6:30 at Uva Italian in Coeur d'Alene will feature four fall-themed courses paired with accompanying beers; cost is $40.
– Firestone Walker beers will be on tap in a fundraiser for the Sandpoint Nordic Club from 4 to 8 at Idaho Pour Authority.
– Rants & Raves takes over the taps at the Coeur d'Alene Caruso's from 6 to 8, with $2 pints and pizza specials.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys welcomes Green Flash for a tasting from 4 to 7.
– MickDuff's debuts a special Blacktop Brown ale for a Friends of Scotchman Peak Wilderness benefit featuring live music by John Hastings.
– Waddell's taps a SpoLite light lager (4 percent alcohol by volume, 22 International Bitterness Units).
– Pints Alehouse hosts an Avery barrel-aged beer event starting at 3 p.m., with draft selections including Rumpkin pumpkin ale aged in rum barrels, PumpKYn bourbon barrel-aged pumpkin porter with spices, Tweak bourbon barrel-aged coffee imperial stout, bourbon barrel-aged Uncle Jacob’s imperial stout, bourbon barrel-aged Vanilla Bean Stout, The Beast grand cru and Samael’s oak-aged strong ale (all in 5.5-ounce snifters), plus assorted bottled offerings.
– Pilgrim's presents a free tasting of holiday beers and ciders starting at 3:30.
– Downdraft's Halloween party from 7 to 10 will include live music, costume and carved pumpkin contests and the La Brasas Mexican Grill food truck.
– Music by Still Tipsy & The Hangovers headlines the Halloween party from 7 to 10 at MickDuff's.
– The Avery barrel-aged beer event continues from 3 to close at Pints Alehouse.
– Steady Flow's Halloween party from 4 to 6 features a costume contest in three categories: best overall, best impression and best zombie/walking dead.
– The Filling Station on 5th celebrates Halloween from 5 to 9 with a Fill Freak Fest including a costume contests with gift card and growler prizes.
– Mad Bomber will have discounted pints and treats all day with a costume contest starting at 8 for both singles and couples.
MickDuff's second annual Pray 4 Snow party from 7 to 10 includes a bonfire and live music by the Monarch Mountain Band; dress in your best retro ski gear.
– Bellwether releases the latest in its weekly series of beers using produce from the owners' gardens, this time jalapeno.
And as always, keep checking back for more information about everything happening throughout the week.