UPDATE FRIDAY 12/2
– River City is tapping a First Friday firkin of blended Riverkeeper IPA and Midnight Marmot imperial stout; Randall for the weekend is Afternoon IPA through mango and habanero.
– A limited quantity of this year's Cuvée de la Nuit Profonde barrel-aged blend from Selkirk Abbey is available at the taproom in 22-ounce bottles starting today.
UPDATES THURSDAY 12/1
– Black Raven is December's brewery of the month at Nectar Wine and Beer, with a tap lineup including Frost Beak Black Lager, Trickster IPA, Coco Jones Porter, Three Sundays Tripel, Festivus Holiday Ale and Splinters Bourbon Barrel Scotch Ale; get a flight of all six for $10 today from 6 to 8, with a brewery rep and swag.
– Hopped Up has tapped its winter seasonal Destroy My Sweater, brewed with homegrown spruce tips, plus an Orange Vanilla Porter.
– Chewelah's Quartzite is pouring an Inkler's Point Winterfest, a traditional Oktoberfest recipe beefed up with caramel and rye malts.
UPDATES WEDNESDAY 11/30
– Perry Street is pouring a reserve quarter-barrel of last year's barleywine.
– Slackline Saison returns to Slate Creek's tap lineup tonight, with $3 pints from 8 p.m. on plus live jazz by Rhys Gerwin.
UPDATES TUESDAY 11/29
– A Twelve String tap takeover at Pints Alehouse from Friday through Sunday features a fresh hop IPA firkin plus whiskey barrel-aged Electric Slide imperial IPA, bourbon barrel-aged Volume 3 red IPA, Volume 4 barleywine and drop DD double stout (regular and chocolate) and a cognac barrel-aged, grapefruit-infused sour pale. Owner/brewer Terry Hackler will be on hand for Friday's opening.
– Daft Badger's weekly Wednesday small-batch release is a German-style gose (tart wheat beer).
– This week's Tuesday Flights & Bites menu at No-Li includes a chicken and waffle taco paired with Slacker orange/vanilla ale, a pork mole taco and dirty rice with Red, White & No-Li pale and a steak fajita with Komrade double IPA; get it all for $15 after 5 p.m.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– Waddell's has released its Mt. Spokane Lost Woods winter seasonal; look for $4 pints at the brewpub during December.
– Don't Fret Porter is beer of the week at Twelve String, with $1 off pints and growler fills.
– Today is your last chance to snag this month's Audubon neighborhood souvenir pint glass for No-Li's LocALE Monday; get one free with a Jet Star imperial IPA purchase between 5 and 8.
– Bellwether is donating $1 from every pint sold to Real Restoration, which serves girls and women exploited by the sex trade in Nepal.
– Pilgrim's welcomes Portland's gluten-free Ground Breaker Brewing, the gold medal winner in that category at this year's Great American Beer Festival, for a free tasting starting at 3:30 featuring Olallie Ale (with blackberries and rose hips), Coffee Pale Ale and the Heyday and No. 5 IPAs.
– The #SpoBU Twitter meetup group holds its monthly gathering at V Twin from 4 to 6.
– Deschutes beers will be on tap in a fundraiser for Selkirk Outdoor Leadership and Education from 5 to 8 at Sandpoint's Idaho Pour Authority, along with complimentary appetizers and raffle items.
– A Beer Valley tap takeover starting at 5:30 at The Steel Barrel will include Pigskin Pale, Leafer Madness imperial IPA, Black Flag imperial stout and Highway to Ale barleywine.
– Manito Tap House hosts a gluten-free Ground Breaker tasting from 6 to 8.
– The South Hill Growler Guys hosts an Orlison tasting from 4 to 7 with the Toasted Dragon Asian-style pilsner, Old Fashioned cocktail-inspired 2 Finger Pour, HiMark Farms fresh hop pale, Shin Splints IPA, Snowplough imperial chocolate stout and barrel-aged Roast House stout lager.
– Downdraft's First Friday Ugly Sweater Christmas Party from 5 to 10 will feature the release of this month's small-batch offering, a porter (as picked by customers in a Facebook poll), along with food and live holiday music.
– Get your family photo taken with Santa at Green Bluff's 238 Brewing (which is on a Christmas tree farm) from noon to 3.
– A Selkirk Abbey tasting from 2 to 5 at the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys includes the newly released Atonement tripel and Cuvée de la Nuit Profonde barrel-aged blend along with Saint Thomas black saison, Infidel IPA and Guilt imperial coffee porter.
– The 20th annual 12 Ales of Christmas party starting at 6:30 at Capone's in Coeur d'Alene offers eight-ounce pours of a dozen winter seasonals plus buffet food and a goodie bag including a souvenir T-shirt; tickets are $55.
– The Santa photos continue from noon to 3 at 238 Brewing.
And as always, keep checking back for updates about everything happening throughout the week.