A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Pints Alehouse showcases several sours by Portland's acclaimed Cascade Brewing through Saturday, including Kentucky Peach, cherry/apricot Manhattan, Blackcap Raspberry, Figaro, cherry Sang Royal, grape Vitas Noble and Apricot; all are available as samplers or full pours.
– River City switches from its previous "garage parties" to a shortened "happy hour" from 4 to 7 for this month's First Friday, with $3 pints including a firkin of Experience Pale on Mandarina Bavaria and Ekuanot hops.
– Beers from Iron Goat, Post Falls Brewing and Twelve String will be featured for $3 per pint during the Summer Kickoff Party from 5 to 8 at The Local Deli in Hayden, along with live music.
– Green Bluff's 238 Brewing reopens for the season, Fridays and Saturdays from noon to 6.
– Little Spokane's Cucumber Cream Ale is back on tap at The Steel Barrel.
– Hopped Up's sixth annual car show runs from 1 to 5, with food from Big Rod's Texas BBQ.
– A craft beer festival at Fairchild Air Force Base's Miller Park from 2 to 6 will include offerings from Bellwether, Big Barn, Black Label, Iron Goat, Orlison, Paradise Creek, Selkirk Abbey, Twelve String, V Twin, Waddell's and Young Buck, along with local ciders and kombucha. Admission is $10, which includes a souvenir glass and four 6-ounce samples (extras $2 each); there also will be food trucks and games for kids.
– The Viking will serve $4 pints of Lost Coast's tangerine, strawberry and watermelon wheat beers, Great White and Indica IPA for its luau starting at 3, along with island-style food, games and coconut rum drink specials.