That vague tickling in your liver must mean it's time for another Spokane Craft Beer Week.
The fun starts today and continues through Sunday, with dozens of events across the area. Find an overview at the link above, and keep coming here for complete details about each day's activities.
– Things again get rolling with our On Tap kickoff party from 5 to 8 p.m. at Perry Street Brewing, with yours truly on hand along with the rest of the Spokane 7 crew.
In addition to its own brews, Perry is featuring guest taps from Badass Backyard, Big Barn, No-Li and the Steam Plant. Each pint purchase gets you a raffle ticket toward On Tap and brewery swag, and a dollar from each sale supports the T.E.A.M. Grant parent-teacher group at Grant Elementary School. The kitchen will be dishing tacos (two for $5).
– Across the street, The Lantern Tap House will pour four beers by recent Liberty Lake startup The Hidden Mother beginning at 5. Those include a Pink Peppercorn Saison that was run through a hollowed-out section of Ponderosa pine for resiny flavor during the brewing process, along with a Morel Mushroom Red, Smoked Porter and Centennial SMaSH IPA; get four tasters and a pint of your favorite for $8.
– Badass Backyard releases a watermelon wheat beer to accompany a darts tournament starting at 5. And advance registration is required for a training seminar on identifying common off-flavors in beer on Wednesday beginning at noon; tickets are $25 plus fees.
– Waddell's Brewpub taps two new beers for the week – the OMG! Another Sour collaboration with River City (an orange/mango/guava Berliner weisse with rye malt), and a Basic Batch vanilla coffee cream ale collaboration with The Growler Guys – and brings back its habanero-infused Strawberry Wildfire sour.
– The seasonal Blood Orange Pale Ale returns at The Steam Plant.\
– Roll doubles on the dice at V Twin and get your first pint for $4.
– Millwood Brewing offers specials through customer donations for those who work in the beer service industry, with the Hungry Hound barbecue truck on hand.
– The Park Inn is offering $3 pints of No-Li's Born & Raised and Big Juicy IPAs, Red White & No-Li pale and Spin Cycle Red, with a brewery rep on hand from 5 to 8.
– Black Label taps a new Hazy May IPA and has a game night from 6 to 8 featuring Fibbage, Lie Swatter and You Don't Know Jack.
– Iron Goat is serving a five-course beer dinner starting at 7. Cost is $65 per person, and seating is limited; call (509) 474-0722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability. There's also an Iron Goat dinner Wednesday at 6 at the North Spokane Onion Bar & Grill; call (509) 482-6100 for reservations.
– Get four specialty sliders paired with River City beers for $18 at both Onion Bar & Grill locations through Friday.
– Sign up in advance for a Firestone Walker barrel-aged beer tasting Wednesday at 5:30 at The Lantern Tap House.