A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– River City's monthly First Friday brewery party from 4 to 10 p.m. features $4 beers – including two firkin variations on its Kung Fu Death Monkey imperial IPA, one with Citra cryo hops and one with blackberry puree – plus food from the Couple of Chefs truck and music by Ragtag Romantics.
– A Ninkasi tasting from 4 to 7 at the South Hill Growler Guys will include Yours Truly blonde, Pacific Rain pale, Maiden the Shade summer IPA and the limited-release Whiteaker Series No. 2 Double Hopped IPA.
– Post Falls Brewing pints will be $2 from 5 to 8 p.m. for First Friday at The Local Deli in Hayden, with live music by David Reed.
– The Rocket Market offers a European spring beer class from 7 to 9. Cost is $25; call (509) 343-2253 for reservations.
– Daft Badger releases a pineapple-infused Hazy Daze of Summer IPA.
– Post Falls Brewing taps a hazy new She Knows I'm Legit IPA.
– Badass Backyard's weekly small-batch releases are a Golden Ale and Lawnmower Stout.
– Community Pint taps Fremont's latest Head Full of Dynomite hazy IPA and Cascade's Manhattan NW cherry/apricot sour for First Friday.
– The Inland Brewers Unite (IBU) club celebrates National Homebrew Day with group brewing demonstrations starting at 11 a.m. at Nu Home Brew (all are welcome to come and brew), plus a potluck (burgers and hot dogs provided, bring side dishes/salads/desserts).
– Mad Bomber's annual EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Memorial Fundraiser starting at 11 will include a special beer release, bomb suit beer pong (winner gets a free beer each day for a year), music, food and a gun raffle; a portion of proceeds benefits the EOD Warrior Foundation.
– Laughing Dog will feature a beer from Sandpoint's 7B Hop Heads club for National Homebrew Day beginning at 3.
– Community Pint's Cinco de Mayo party features four Pelican beers – El Pelicano Mexican-style lager, Citricumulus pale, Queen of Hearts gin barrel-aged saison and Berried at Sea currant/blackberry stout – plus live music at 7 by the Working Spliffs.
– Bellwether releases a red pepper flake beer for Cinco de Mayo.
– Perry Street is offering a pint of pilsner and two house-made Gordita Crunches for $10.
– Big Barn brings back its Miss Maggie's Lavender IPA as it opens its regular taphouse for the season, and also is pouring a sage-infused Mead Honey Lager.
– Bellwether brings back its Whiter Shade of Pale lager.
– Badass Backyard taps Young Buck's Timesuck Podcast IPA.
– The Newport Highway Growler Guys is taking $1 off fills for nurses with employee badges for National Nurses Day.