A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Slate Creek reopens under new ownership with a grand opening party from 2 to 10 featuring the house-brewed 6 Weight IPA plus 10 guest taps, along with food from the Las Brasas Mexican Grill truck and music in the parking lot from 6 to 8 by The Powers.
– A Riverkeeper IPA pub crawl will feature representatives from River City, Spokane Riverkeeper and Numerica Credit Union at Steelhead Bar & Grille, Veraci Pizza and Borracho from 2 to 3, Tomato Street, Fast Eddie's and Central Food from 3 to 4, Spencer's, The Blackbird and Ripples Riverside Grill from 4 to 4:45 and a final toast at David's Pizza at 5. Sales of the beer benefit the Riverkeeper program; buy a pint at five of the participating locations through Sunday and receive a free pint glass.
– Pints Alehouse continues its sixth anniversary celebration starting at 3 with six specialty beers (including barrel-aged stouts and sours) and select IPAs.
– Girl Scout cookies will be on sale from 4 to 7 for beer pairings at Big Barn.
– Lost Boys' Garage has a Twelve String tap takeover from 5 to 8 with $3 pints (get a souvenir glass with your first one).
– Daft Badger has tapped a dark, malty small-batch Midnight Bru (5.3 percent ABV, 50 IBU).
– No-Li is pouring five specialty beers on a new barrel-style draft system: a hazy, unfiltered March Radness pale ale with cantaloupe and peach notes (6.2 percent ABV); a Chasing Rainbows red dry-hopped with strawberry/rhubarb Belma (5.8); a malty, dry-hopped, fruity/spicy Thawed Out IPA (7.1); Wake and Cake, a peppermint-infused version of Rise & Grind coffee/oat/milk stout (6.2), and a barrel-aged Wrecking Ball imperial stout dubbed Rip Van Winkle (9.5).
– IPA March Madness continues for a third week at Manito Tap House with blind flights of four Washington IPAs; the winner in customer voting advances to the Final Four along with the first two weeks' winners, Silver City Tropic Haze and White Bluffs Nectar of the Gods.