A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– The Warriors of the Rotating Tap (WORT) homebrew club gives brewing demonstrations including an Irish stout from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the HopStop supply store in Post Falls.
– Perry Street's fourth anniversary celebration continues starting at 11:30 a.m. with the release of three barrel-aged beers and raffles to benefit Grant Elementary School, including a stand-up paddleboard and a Golden Growler with free fills and a pint each week for the next year.
– Community Pint has a tasting of beers from Tacoma's Narrows Brewing from 3 to 6, including the Bridge to Tomorrow hazy IPA, with former RIver City brewer Moose Sanders, who now works for Narrows.
– A pint night at English Setter from 4 to 9 benefits Higher Ground Animal Sanctuary, which receives $1 from each pint sold; also get paintings from Paint Nite Spokane for a $5 minimum donation.
– The next Brewery Battle at Steady Flow Growler House from 5 to 8 pits Post Falls Brewing vs. Black Label, with two beers from each on tap for customer voting.
– This year's IPA March Madness continues at Manito Tap House with a $5 blind flight of the first four competitors. Four Washington IPAs will face off each week for four weeks, with the winners in customer voting meeting in a Final Four for the right to a permanent tap handle for the coming year.
– Enoteca is pouring a four-year vertical of Deschutes' The Abyss imperial stout from 2014 through 2017; get a 4-ounce flight for $14,
– The Lantern Tap House has a Selection Sunday party for the NCAA men's basketball tournament announcement starting at 3, featuring Firestone Walker's canned Nitro Merlin Milk Stout plus cookies.