A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– River City releases this year's version of Riverkeeper IPA for its monthly First Friday party in the brewery starting at 4, with food from 3 Ninjas and live music by Blake Braley.
– Laughing Dog taps a special cask for its monthly Firkin Friday from 5 to 8.
– A spring beer tasting runs from 7 to 9 at the Rocket Market. Cost is $25; call (509) 343-2253 for reservations.
– Badass Backyard has a grand opening for its Coeur d'Alene taproom, in the Coeur d'Alene Fresh retail complex, from noon to 7.
– Nectar Wine and Beer hosts a release party from noon to 2 for the Hoperation (P)Haze Purple collaboration by Three Magnets and Urban Family, a hazy IPA with purple carrot juice. Quantities are limited; Three Magnets' Dam Mad hazy IPA, Hysteresis double IPA and Hama Hama imperial oyster stout will be on tap.