Fans of barrel-aged beers have a pair of primo events to look forward to on Thursday:
– Seven oaked offerings from Michigan's Founders Brewing will pour at Pints Alehouse starting at 5 p.m. The lineup includes:
• Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS, 11.8 percent alcohol by volume), an imperial chocolate coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels for a year in underground caves.
• Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS, 11.7), the same beer aged in bourbon barrels that had previously held maple syrup.
• Frootwood (8), a lighter-bodied cherry ale aged in maple bourbon barrels.
• Lizard of Koz (10.5), a bourbon barrel-aged stout brewed with chocolate, vanilla and blueberries.
• Curmudgeon (9.8), an oak-aged old ale made with molasses.
• Doom (12.4), an imperial IPA aged in bourbon barrels.
• DKML (14.2), a bourbon barrel-aged malt liquor brewed with corn.
The regular Breakfast Stout (8.3) also will be served on both standard and nitro taps. All the beers will be available in full 12-ounce pours or 5.5-ounce snifters, as well as to go in growlers or crowler cans.
– Fremont's Barrels to Bottles event beginning at 5 at Community Pint will feature four wood-aged selections:
• Unicorn Tears (12.9), an imperial oatmeal milk stout aged in bourbon barrels with cherries
• Rusty Nail (12.7), an imperial oatmeal stout made with brewer's licorice and smoked barley and aged in bourbon barrels for 15 months with cinnamon bark.
• Coconut Edition B-Bomb (13), a blend of winter ale aged for nine, 12 and 24 months with toasted coconut added.
• Brew 2000 (12.8), an English-style barleywine aged in bourbon barrels to commemorate the Seattle brewery's 2.000th batch of beer.
Also look for a pair of special IPAs, the hazy Head Full of Dynomite and Vaster Than Empires, both released as a series with rotating hop varieties. You can get 4-ounce tasters of all the beers for $4 each in addition to regular pours.