A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– A benefit for leukemia and lymphoma research by Kootenai County and Northern Lakes firefighters at Mad Bomber from noon to 8 will feature a full-gear stair climbing challenge with the winner getting a free daily pint for six months, plus live music and food from The Wurst Man in Town.
– Pints Alehouse has a Triple IPA Blind Tasting starting at 3 today and Saturday featuring flights of Bale Breaker Mount Saint Humulus, Boneyard Notorious, Dogfish Head 120 Minute, Georgetown Harkin Banks and pFriem Triple IPA; guess them all correctly to win a pint glass and a chance at a $25 gift card.
– A Ninkasi tasting from 5 to 8 at the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys includes Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale plus the Prismatic and FIrst Rule IPAs.
– Fremont's Dark Heron IPA, official beer of Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con, will be tapped for a cosplay costume party starting at 9 at The Viking, with all Fremont pints going for $4.
– Post Falls Brewing is pouring a hazy Stallion imperial New England-style IPA.
– Selkirk Abbey releases a Russian imperial stout under its Northern Cross brand.
– Laughing Dog celebrates the Chinese New Year – the Year of the Dog – with beer specials and prize giveaways.
– The Viking is pouring 10 Barrel's Lemon Crush sour and Goggle Tan IRA starting at 5.