A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Selkirk Abbey bids farewell to head brewer Steve Milnes with daylong discount prices on a special 12-beer lineup including the release of his new Belgian Golden Strong.
– Bombastic and Downdraft debut a collaboration black IPA for Idaho Craft Beer Month with a release party at Downdraft from 4 to 7; bottles can be ordered in advance through Bombastic for pickup at the event.
– Bottles hosts a New Belgium tasting starting at 5 featuring the Sour Saison, Le Terroir dry-hopped sour, Honey Orange Tripel, Juicy Haze and The Hemperor IPAs and Fat Tire.
– An '80s night at Beerocracy beginning at 6 will include drink specials, dancing and a costume contest.
– The Lemon Cream Ale is back on tap at Hopped Up.
– Daft Badger's The Big Something party from 12:30 to 8 p.m. will feature a special barrel-soured ale release, Philly cheesesteaks outdoors and live and DJ music (plus a tent in case of showers).
– Bellwether releases a Dankberry Braggot brewed with whole raspberries and raspberry blossom honey along with barley and oat malts, catnip, hops and a hint of star anise.
– Mad Bomber hosts a chili cook-off from 2 to 4; entries are full, but customers can sample for free and vote for their favorite.