Catching up with more local craft beer news:
• The schedule is starting to fill up for this year's Spokane Craft Beer Week, just one month away May 14-20. Among the events announced so far:
– Things again get rolling with our On Tap kickoff party May 14 at Perry Street Brewing, which also reprises its Night of the Living Pils pilsner fest May 17 and Firk-Off firkin showdown with Fremont on May 18.
– Bellwether hosts this year's Collaboration Beer Fest on May 15, featuring cooperative efforts from area brewers.
– Twelve String has a release party for its French saison collaboration with Badass Backyard on May 14, a tasting of its last four anniversary beers May 15, IPA Day on May 16 and a joint Valley Brewery Day on May 17.
– The Steel Barrel's three house breweries – Little Spokane, TT's Old Iron and Young Buck – release special beers May 18 including a collaboration tripel.
– Hopped Up has beer releases throughout the week including a Bloody Mary pickled jalapeno ale, Coffee Blaster pale, Wild Red cherry sour and Bananas Foster imperial stout.
– Iron Goat has its own beer dinner May 14, another at the North Side Onion Bar & Grill on May 16 and tap takeovers at The Observatory on May 18 and Logan Tavern on May 19. It also launches crowler cans May 15 with discount pricing.
• In Coeur d'Alene, The Filling Station on 5th hosts a six-course Trickster's dinner April 29; tickets are $45 and must be purchased in advance.
• The Grain Shed is shooting for an early May opening in the South Perry District. The project combines the Culture Breads bakery with an onsite nanobrewery, both using ancient grains grown on the Palouse.
• Green Bluff's 238 Brewing, which operates seasonally, is scheduled to reopen June 1 on Fridays and Saturdays only