A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– The Newport Highway Growler Guys is serving Founders' barrel-aged KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) and other dark beers accompanied by donuts and other pastries starting at 11 a.m. for National Beer Day.
– A blood drive runs from noon to 2:30 at the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys, with a $4.99 pint voucher in return for a donation. Spots are limited; call (208) 930-4382 or email email@example.com for reservations.
– Millwood Brewing is pouring four variations on its Frog Skin Porter: Coffee Porter Bigalowgulp Style plus Cherry, Vanilla and Nitro versions.
– IPA March Madness wraps up at Manito Tap House through Sunday with a blind flight of the first four weeks' winners: Silver City Tropic Haze, White Bluffs Nectar of the Gods, Mack & Jack's Resolution and Reubens Crikey. The champion in customer voting gets a permanent tap handle for the next year.
– The Lantern Tap House's Fort George Sunday Fun Day from 3 to 6 p.m. will feature $5 pints of the Oregon brewery's Bad Ryeligion IPA collaboration with Iron Goat plus Quick Wit Belgian-style ale, City of Dreams hazy pale, Fields of Green IPA, From Astoria With Love imperial stout and last year's 10th Anniversary Barleywine.