A look at this weekend in local craft beer:
– Pints Alehouse has an East Meets West Festival of Hops with six fresh-hop beers – Bale Breaker/Cloudburst Citra Slicker, Fort George Fresh IPA, Founders Harvest, Fremont Amarillo, Georgetown Johnny Utah and pFriem Mosaic Pale – plus two hazy New England styles, Breakside What Rough Beast and Modern Times Critical Band.
– Whistle Punk's Punktoberfest features seven German-style beers on tap, a bratwurst cart, German music and special-edition steins.
– V Twin celebrates its first anniversary with an Oktoberfest beer, pint discounts and prize drawings.
– IPA Week wraps up at Twelve String with $1 off glasses and growler fills of all 13 hoppy offerings on tap.
– River City's Randall for the weekend is Riverkeeper IPA through Ruby Red grapefruit.
– The Viking's OktoBeerFest will include seasonal beers and food, live music, games and prizes; admission is a $5 cover, or donate a gently used coat for entry plus a drink ticket.
– Republic Brewing's Oktoberfest features Bavarian-style beers, games and prizes for customers who come in costume.
– Bellwether releases a Stout Porter imperial oatmeal milk stout brewed with Demerara sugar, lactose and toasted oats.