For a relatively small mammal, River City’s Midnight Marmot sure gets around.
The downtown brewery celebrates its seasonal imperial stout with the third annual International Marmot Beer Festival on Saturday from 3 to 8 p.m.
It will feature seven variations on the rich black elixir using ingredients from around the globe, including:
– Oranges and star anise from China.
– Coconut from the Pacific Islands.
– Vanilla and coffee beans from South America.
– Thai chilies.
– Mint leaf and cocoa nibs from Ecuador.
– Cognac and French oak chips.
– A wine barrel-aged version with Washington raspberries.
There’s also a grand cru blend of last year’s regular Marmot, its raspberry/oak, Indian curry and Madagascar vanilla versions plus Congratulator doppelbock.
Your ticket get s you 2-ounce samples of all eight beers, plus a 12-ounce pour of your favorite, for $25 in advance (at the taproom) or $25 at the door.
Food will be provided by the Nick’s Shameless Sausages truck.