Following the feeding frenzy that is Black Friday, the more sedate Small Business Saturday is gaining traction around the country.
Several area breweries are participating this year with discounts and activities:
– Post Falls Brewing's party starts at noon with $1 off pints, merchandise specials, food trucks and live music by Echo Elysium from 2 to 5 and the Devon Wade Band from 6 to 10.
– Orlison has $3 pints all day for the Apple Cup.
– Perry Street is offering a special gift pack for $25 that includes two pint glasses, a growler, a gift certificate for a fill for $25. The Apple Cup will play on the high-definition 12-foot projector screen starting at 5.
– Big Barn is selling bombers for $4 and releasing its new White Out Stout, brewed with cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
– Black Label will have drink specials, a do-it-yourself art project and raffles from neighboring Saranac Commons businesses from 1 to 3.
– Bellwether releases its Hearthstone Barleywine and hosts is annual tree decorating party; bring an ornament and get $1 off your first beer. (Also look for the release of Hygge Mulled Ale on Sunday.)
– Nu Home Brew will pour $3 pints and $8 growler fills along with discounts throughout the store.
– Badass Backyard is providing rebates of 20 to 30 percent at various spending levels.
– Get $5 off three-packs of crowler cans at Steady Flow Growler House.
– Chewelah's Quartzite is taking 15 percent off merchandise.