What's happening this weekend in local craft beer:
– Downdraft's closing weekend Friday through Sunday will include beer and merchandise specials along with live music by Fair 2 Middlin' on Friday at 6:30 and the Las Brasas Mexican Grill and Iverson's Smokin Pig BBQ trucks on Saturday.
– The PowderKeg brew festival, part of the Snowlander Expo on Friday from 4 to 9 and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Spokane Convention Center, will include beer, cider and mead from 23 local, regional and national purveyors. Tasting packages run from $15 to $25, in addition to Expo admission ($10.50/advance with fees, $10/door, good for both days; children 12 and under admitted free).
– The North Spokane Growler Guys has a Trickster's tasting from 5 to 7.
– A Boneyard tap takeover at Beerocracy from 6 to 8 will include Metabolic IPA along with two barrel-aged offerings, Wooden Femur barleywine and Suge Knite imperial stout.
– The Lantern Tap House's sixth annual Flannel Fest on Friday and Saturday will feature No-Li beer specials plus karaoke Friday at 9:30 p.m. and live music by Partridge Sound on Saturday at 9.
River City's Randall for the weekend is Oako-Coco stout through cranberries and star anise.
– The seasonal Twelve Strings of Winter has returned at Twelve String.
– Trickster's has started offering $1 off pints on Fridays with a purchase from the Iverson's Smokin Pig BBQ truck.
– Seventeen Boneyard beers will pour for the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys' second anniversary party from 1 to 4 p.m.
– The third Brewery Battle at Steady Flow Growler House from 4 to 7 will pit defending champion Waddell's against challenger Post Falls Brewing; sample two beers from each in a blind tasting and vote for your favorite.
– Moscow Brewing hosts a beer pairing dinner from 6 to 9 with four food courses from Forgotten Roots Catering accompanied by five house beers; tickets are $50/person, $90/couple.
And as always, keep checking back for more news about everything happening throughout the week.