What's happening this weekend in local craft beer:
– Manito Tap House will contribute all proceeds from three donated kegs of special Fremont beers – a hazy version of the Cowiche Canyon organic fresh hop pale, the hazy Head Full of Dynomite IPA and a new specialty IPA – toward the medical expenses of late Iron Goat co-founder Paul Edminster.
– Bellwether's Landrace Grainfest from 3 to 9 p.m. will feature eight beers brewed with locally grown and malted Scots Bere and Purple Egyptian ancient barleys. Tickets are $25, which includes 5-ounce tasters of beers by Bellwether and six other breweries and a 12-ounce pour of a collaboration (the first 120 people through the door receive a souvenir glass).
– Mad Bomber celebrates its fourth anniversary with giveaways, the Wurst Man food truck and the release of tis year’s Black Hand barrel-aged imperial porter.
– Orlison is holding a Battle of the Beers between two new limited releases: the Spolunker imperial Cascadian dark ale, and Ankle Breaker imperial IPA. Get 10-ounce pours of both for $6 and vote on which one should be brewed as a bigger batch.
– Several area breweries and craft beer bars are offering discounts for Veterans Day.
– NovemBEERfest from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Bon Bon in the Garland Theater will include beers by Elysian, Ghostfish, Maritime Pacific, New Belgium and more plus live music and a raffle. The $5 entry fee benefits The Solution is Hours, which helps the homeless.
– Rathdrum's Westwood Brewing, which has been operating as a bar so far, has the grand opening for its restaurant starting with a ribbon cutting at 11 a.m. A brewery is scheduled to be added later.
– Twelve String’s fourth annual Barrelfest from noon to 5 will feature barrel-aged beers on all 18 taps.
– A Craft & Community fundraiser from 4 to 9 p.m. at nYne Bar & Bistro will help pay the medical bills of late Iron Goat co-founder Paul Edminster. Tickets are $50, which includes a complimentary cocktail, small plates by seven area restaurants paired with local beers, art and other auctions and live music.