Fremont throws down with Perry Street in a Friday Firk-Off starting at 6. They're each tapping two special firkins, with the people who get the final pours of each one winning brewery swag. The beers will be available as flights or full pints.
Perry's offerings are its Tart Saison conditioned on D'Anjou pears and ginger, and its Double Team Supreme collaboration with Trickster's – an imperial New England-style IPA – on Meyer lemons, lemongrass and fruity, experimental "Ron Mexico" hops.
Fremont is bringing its Summer Ale on blueberries and cantaloupe, and its new Lush IPA (originally an early spring seasonal that goes year-round next month) on lemongrass, lemon thyme and Citra hops. It also will have a New England-style Citra IPA pouring as a guest tap.
And there's more firkins and other fun on the rest of today's schedule:
– Black Label will tap a firkin of a small-batch Brass Monkey, made with fresh orange juice and honey, with prizes for the customer who kills it; get $ firkin pints and $4 on other beers starting at 5 p.m., with music by Andy Rumsey at 7.
– An IPA day at Hopped Up will feature a firkin of the brewery's recently released Rumble Seat with Citra, plus pineapple- and jalapeno-infused IPAs. The Mustard's Last Stand hot dog truck will be on hand.
– Badass Backyard taps a citrusy Teakettle Grapefruit IPA at 2, followed by a Large Jenga tournament at 4 with a hat for the winning team.
– Iron Goat releases its latest New England-style IPA, with music by folk-rockers You Knew Me When at 7:30.
– Whistle Punk will pour a bourbon barrel-aged Russian imperial stout called Karelin (after Russian Olympic wrestler Alexander Karelin) starting at 6.
– River City has tapped a barrel-aged blend of 2015 Congratulator Doppelbock and 2016 Midnight Marmot Imperial Stout from a Barrister Cabernet Franc barrel; Randall for the weekend is a coconut-infused VB Stout.
– Bellwether continues its homebrewer competition, and also is serving three recipes from planned local brewery JL Hooch: a peppery saison, a brown ale with star anise and a Cascadian dark ale. Get a taster of each plus a pint of your favorite for $9.
– Orlison is serving three small-batch specialties: a Bruno Evel strong Belgian ale, Long Weekend at Bernie's imperial IPA and sour Exile Stout.
– Waddell's is pouring an aged keg of Imperial Alligator Oatmeal Stout.
– V Twin taps a small-batch BluBarry blueberry wheat.
– Twelve String will have the week's most popular beer specials on tap to pair with food from the 3 Ninjas truck.
– The Blackbird releases a 2015 reserve keg of Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA at 6 p.m.
– Republic Pi taps No-Li's new Unbreakable Blueberry Guava Sour.
– The Steel Barrel is pouring The Fantastic Collab hoppy sour from Paradise Creek and Waddell's.
– A Trickster's tasting from 4 to 7 at the South Hill Growler Guys will include Cougar Bay Blonde, Inspector Stonewall Amber, Hipster Juice IPA and a single-malt, single-hop Mosaic pale.
– The Newport Highway Growler Guys welcomes Tacoma's Wingman Brewing for a tasting from 6 to 8.
– Waddell's Neighborhood Pub on the South Hill has Payette pints for $4.