UPDATE SUNDAY 5/7
– Wear your Bloomsday T-shirt today and get pint discounts at English Setter, Waddell's Brewpub, Bellwether, Big Barn, 238 (for any Bloomsday or Cherry Pickers Trot shirts) and the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys (with race bib).
UPDATES SATURDAY 5/6
– Lost Boys' Garage has a No-Li night from 6 to 8 with $4 pints of Red White & No-Li pale, Amber, Slacker, Born & Raised IPA and Wrecking Ball imperial stout, plus a brewery rep and prizes.
– Coeur d'Alene's Filling Station on 5th is doing $3 pints and $8 growlers of all Idaho beers.
UPDATE FRIDAY 5/5
– No-Li is pouring a pineapple and serrano pepper-infused Poser pale ale for Cinco de Mayo, and tonight will tap a firkin of a Spin Cycle Red/sour blend with peaches. Elsewhere, River City's Randall for the weekend is Girlfriend Golden through jalapeno, lime and cilantro, and Perry Street is serving an all-taco menu; see below for info on other Cinco-related happenings at The Steel Barrel, Downdraft and V Twin.
UPDATE THURSDAY 5/4
– Nectar Wine and Beer in Kendall Yards hosts a kickoff event tonight from 6 to 8 for its May brewery of the month, Deschutes, with six beers on tap: Pacific Wonderland Lager, American Wheat, Hopslice Summer Ale, the Fresh Squeezed and Passion Fruit IPAs and a reserve keg of 2015 Abyss. Get a flight for $10.
UPDATE WEDNESDAY 5/3
– Mad Bomber, owned by a former Army EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) specialist, observes EOD Memorial Weekend on Saturday with a food from Blue Smoke BBQ, a pistol raffle and a Bomb Suit Pong Challenge with the winner receiving a free pint each day for a year; a portion of proceeds benefits the EOD Warrior Foundation.
UPDATES TUESDAY 5/2
– Bellwether on Thursday rereleases its seasonal Kulning, a non-hopped braggot (honey beer) brewed with juniper, oats, rye, wheat and smoked barley; get a pint for $4 between 5 and 8 with a purchase from the CRATE food truck.
– Selkirk Abbey officially launches Northern Cross Amber, the latest in its non-Belgian sideline, for trivia night Thursday at Enoteca with the stout also on tap.
– V Twin celebrates Cinco de Mayo on Friday with $4 pints all day and merchandise drawings.
– The North Spokane Growler Guys hosts a Yakima Craft tasting Friday from 6 to 8.
– Hill Climb Honey Wheat is beer of the week at Orlison, with $3 pints in the downtown taproom.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– Coeur d'Alene's Paragon Brewing pub marks its third anniversary with its third house beer guest-brewed at MickDuff's, Windy Bay IPA, with $3 pints of that, Hiawatha Pale and Red Dog Brown all day.
– The city of Millwood is featured for this month's LocALE Mondays at No-Li; get a souvenir glass with a pint purchase
– Pilgrim's presents a free Wallace Brewing tasting starting at 3:30 with Idaho Select Lager, 1910 Black Lager, 6:60 India Pale Lager and Huckleberry Shandy.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys will donate $1 from each pint sold and 20 percent of food proceeds to the Inland Northwest Food Network during its inaugural Kegs for a Cause event from 4:30 to 7.
– The Steel Barrel celebrates Cinco de Mayo with specials on house-brewed Little Spokane and Young Buck beers, plus beer and tequila pairings and bacon-wrapped Tijuana-style street dogs.
– Downdraft's Cinco de Drinko from 7 to 10 will include giveaways, live music, food from Las Brasas Mexican Grill and a costume contest along with a pair of small-batch specialties and the return of India Rad Red for the summer.
– Daft Badger’s “Time for Another Party” will feature jalapeno cheddar brats, music by The Devon Wade Band from 4 to 8 and bottled beer specials.
– The Inland Brewers Unite club marks National Homebrew Day with a joint Big Brew Day brewing session at Nu Home Brew in Spokane Valley starting at 10 a.m.
– Big Barn reopens its taphouse for the season with the rerelease of its Miss Maggie's Lavender IPA (wear your Bloomsday T-shirt for $1 off your first pint) plus the Tacos Tijuanas food truck from 1 to 6 and music by Lonesome Lyle from 2 to 5.
And as always, keep checking back for more info about everything happening throughout the week.