Rounding up some of the St. Patrick’s Day parties and specials at area breweries Friday:
– Badass Backyard's bash from 2 to 9 will include $3 green beers and a best green shirt contest (by popular acclamation) at 8.
– The celebration at The Steel Barrel beginning at 4 features a black-and-tan blend made with house-brewed Pitch Black IPA from Young Buck and Galaxy Pale Ale from Little Spokane, along with Jameson whiskey specials and corned beef tostadas and tortas from the adjoining Zona Blanca.
– Big Barn has a release party for its Lone Pine Pilsner with $3 pints from 5 to 9, plus Black and Tans, green beer, games and a food truck.
– Perry Street marks the occasion with $4 pints of its newly released Irish Extra Stout and Reuben sliders.
– No-Li has tapped Irish whiskey-barrel aged Wrecking Ball and mint chocolate Rise & Grind stouts.
– Bellwether is serving $2 pints of its Confused Irishman Stout.
– Slate Creek has $3 pints of Salmon Run Irish Red and Fly'n Kilt Scotch.
– Iron Goat is serving a sausage/potato Bangers & Mash dinner special starting at 4.
– New Boundary has brewed a single keg of Unicorn Pale for the occasion, with $2.50 pints.
– V Twin is pouring $3 pints of green-tinted Wheat Glide and Sissy Shifter IPA.
– Get your first pint for $3 at Downdraft in Post Falls and $1 off each one after that, plus food from Las Brasas Mexican Grill; also get drink specials at nearby Up North Distillery as part of a joint pub crawl.
– Build your own stuffed baked potato at The Chewelah Valley Lions Club's Suds 'N Spuds from 5 to 8 at Quartzite Brewing.
– Look for traditional corned beef and cabbage at Pullman's Paradise Creek.