UPDATE THURSDAY 3/16
– River City is pouring $2 pints all night in celebration of the Zags' opening-round win.
With the Gonzaga Bulldogs poised to start another NCAA men’s basketball tournament run Thursday, several local breweries and craft beer establishments are offering specials for the occasion:
– Big Barn is opening at 10:45 for the Zags’ 11 a.m. tipoff against South Dakota State, with $3 pints all day and pizza by the slice.
– Perry Street also opens its doors at 10:45, with $4 pints until 4 p.m. and $2 off appetizers.
– Post Falls Brewing opens up early for the tournament games both Thursday and Friday, with $3 pints of its Cheap Prick session ale.
– Waddell's Neighborhood Pub & Grille has 32-ounce pours of selected beers for $4 during the Zags game.
– Nectar Catering and Events downtown offers $1 off pints along with wine and food specials starting at 11.
– Steady Flow Growler House is taking $1 off pints all day.
– The South Hill Growler Guys will have $2 off 64-ounce fills and $1 off 32-ounce fills (including crowlers) on all Gonzaga game days.
– And in Coeur d’Alene, Victory Sports Hall will pour $1 beers after every tournament upset – which hopefully won’t be happening when the Zags game finishes.