UPDATE FRIDAY 3/17
– River City's Randall for the weekend is Girlfriend Golden through jalapeno, lime and cilantro.
UPDATE THURSDAY 3/16
– Nectar Wine and Beer in Kendall Yards presents a tasting of imported beers tonight from 6 to 8; cost for a flight is $10.
UPDATES WEDNESDAY 3/15
– Perry Street is pouring a roasty, chocolaty Irish Extra Stout.
– Iron Goat has tapped a dark, unfiltered Dunkelweizen wheat beer.
– The Habanero Blonde returns today at Badass Backyard.
– Coeur d'Alene's Well Read Moose bookstore offers a Mad Bomber tasting in its cafe Friday from 5:30 to 7.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– Twelve String is pouring a cask of Jam Session IPA conditioned on fruity Denali hops, as well as gin barrel-aged Jam Session and bourbon barrel-aged imperial tart porter.
– Iron Goat has tapped a classic English-style pale ale dubbed British Bulldog.
– Grand Teton beers will be featured in a fundraiser for Panhandle Community Radio (KYRF-FM) from 5 to 8 at Idaho Pour Authority in Sandpoint, with live music, complimentary appetizers and raffles.
– A Pelican tasting from 4 to 7 at the Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys includes the Umbrella and Fuggles Yeah IPAs, Tsunami Stout on nitro and Mother of All Storms barleywine.
– The fourth weekly installment of Bellwether's Purple Egyptian Barley Project from 5 to 9 features a braggot (honey beer) with yerba mate tea and a brown ale brewed with a roasted version of the locally grown and malted grain, along with sprouted sunflower bread from Culture Breads.
– Pints Alehouse celebrates its fifth anniversary starting at 3 with cellar specialties including a 2014-16 vertical of Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout, The Bruery's 2015 Cuivre bourbon barrel-aged old ale and 2016 Rodenbach Alexander Flanders-style red, plus four IPAs to be announced.
– Pilgrim's presents a free St. Patrick's Day beer tasting at 3:30 featuring Murphy's Irish Stout (and Magners Irish Cider), plus a trio of Scottish-inspired offerings: Selkirk Abbey's Grace, McCall Brewing's smoked Wobbily Man and Founders Dirty Bastard.
– The St. Paddy's party at The Steel Barrel beginning at 4 features drink specials including Black and Tans made with house-brewed Galaxy Pale Ale from Little Spokane and Pitch Black IPA from Young Buck.
– Big Barn has a release party from 5 to 9 for its St. Patty's Pilsner, with $3 pints.
– Bottles in Millwood hosts a Ballast Point tasting starting at 5.
– Build your own stuffed baked potato at The Chewelah Valley Lions Club's Suds 'N Spuds from 5 to 8 at Quartzite Brewing.
– The fifth anniversary celebration continues at Pints Alehouse beginning at 3 with more cellar specialties including Firestone Walker's 2014 Sucuba barleywine and 2016 Parabola imperial stout, Uinta's 2014 The Labyrinth barrel-aged quadruple black, Crux's 2016 Tough Love imperial stout and Vliegende Paard Brouwers' 2016 cognac barrel Prearis Grand Cru, plus four IPAs to be announced.
– The 11th anniversary party at MickDuff's Beer Hall in Sandpoint from 5 to 10 features the return of Shillelagh organic IPA, brewery tours and live music by Devon Wade.
– Spokane's River City and Orlison face off against Coeur d'Alene's Daft Badger and Slate Creek in a Brewery Battle of the States from 5 to 8 at Steady Flow Growler House; a blind tasting will feature two beers from each brewery (vote for your favorite), along with raffles for swag.
And as always, keep checking back for more information about everything happening throughout the week.