UPDATE FRIDAY 3/3
– No-Li taps a cask of Red, White & No-Li pale with lemon zest and blackberries for Firkin First Friday.
UPDATES THURSDAY 3/2
– Daft Badger has released a big-batch version of its previous small-batch Blood Orange IPA.
– Bennidito's Brewpub is pouring a piney Ponderosa IPA hopped with Chinook, Simcoe and Summit.
– Manito Tap House is finalizing the lineup for its March IPA Madness competition beginning Monday; go here to vote for your favorite among the remaining nominees.
UPDATE WEDNESDAY 2/28
UPDATES TUESDAY 2/28
– Orlison today releases a small-batch "Any" NE IPA, its version of the hazy New England style.
– Bellwether has a new Baltic porter dubbed Fernweh.
– Chewelah's Quartzite will pour samples of its Angel Peak Amber, Goddard's Peak IPA and Iron Mountain Stout in a tasting Friday starting at 2 p.m. in the Boomtown Bar at 49 Degrees North.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– Iron Goat is pouring a hazy New England-style Back East IPA (7.8 percent alcohol by volume, 71 International Bitterness Units).
– No-Li this week rolls out the latest addition to its canned lineup, an amber.
– Pints Alehouse has increased its taps from 18 to 25, and will regularly pour at least three local beers plus a craft lager – for starters, Twelve String's barrel-aged barleywine, Young Buck's Pitch Black CDA, River City's rare TW Frankensour and Waddell's Spo-Lite.
– Manito Tap House's "Spokane Rocks" party from 6 to 8 – celebrating its recognition as Washington's best beer bar – will feature a firkin of Perry Street's GABF gold-winning Session IPL over kumquats and dry-hopped with Citra, along with special kegs from Iron Goat and No-Li.
– Twelve String releases this year's Spring Reverb Xtra Pale, this time a single-hop Amarillo.
– The Last Sweep barrel-aged imperial stout returns to Badass Backyard on nitro starting at 2.
– Pilgrim's presents a free Alaskan tasting starting at 3:30 including White Ale; the Husky, Smack of Grapefruit and double Hopothermia IPAs, and Smoked Porter.
– Bellwether at 5 p.m. releases the second in its weekly small-batch Purple Egyptian Barley Project series, brewed with locally grown and malted grain: a hoppy pale, accompanied by bread using the barley from Culture Breads.
– Nectar Wine and Beer in Kendall Yards welcomes Selkirk Abbey as its March brewery of the month, with Huckleberry Chapel wit, St. Augustine rye saison, Infidel IPA, Guilt imperial coffee porter, Atonement IPA and the Cuvee de la Nuit Profonde barrel-aged blend on tap; get a flight of all six for $10 from 6 to 8.
– River City officially launches this year's Riverkeeper IPA at Numerica Credit Union in downtown Spokane from 5:30 to 8, with live music and food.
– Downdraft's "March Madness" First Friday party from 7 to 10 will include a small-batch orange juice-infused, Cascade-hopped The Acquittal lager, plus live music by Sam Leyde, food from Las Brasas Mexican Grill, games and prize drawings for those dressed in college basketball T-shirts.
– Five barrel-aged beers from Twelve String – bourbon barrel Volume 3 imperial India red, Volume 5 tart porter and Belgian dark strong, plus rum barrel imperial coconut porter and tequila barrel lemon-lime Belgian golden strong – along with Crescendo IPA will be featured in a tap takeover from 4 to 6 at Steady Flow Growler House, along with a raffle at the end for a pair of used bourbon barrels.
And as always, keep checking back for more info about everything happening throughout the week.