UPDATES TUESDAY 1/10
– Slate Creek will tap its first Russian imperial stout for this Wednesday's Slate@7:00, with live music by Dario Ré.
– A Sour Mash IPA is this week's Wednesday small-batch release at Daft Badger.
– The Blackberry Apricot Sour is back on tap at Iron Goat.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– River CIty has tapped a keg of After Midnight Marmot imperial stout/IPA blend, with $3 pints for Micro Monday.
– Bellwether taps a clove-and-cardamom-accented Dirtier Chai Stout collaboration with the winners of last year's Spokane Craft Beer Week homebrew contest.
– Twelve String releases its latest experimental Crescendo Series IPA, featuring the new Denali hop with its pineapple, citrus and pine notes.
– A free Pelican tasting at Pilgrim's starting at 3:30 will include the Umbrella, Fuggles Yeah! and Mosaic single-hop IPAs along with Kiwanda Cream and Tsunami Stout.
– Manito Tap House hosts a release party for Fremont's new spring seasonal Lush IPA from 6 to 8, featuring the basic beer and three variations: Citra-infused, Mosaic-infused and cask-conditioned.
– River City is featured in the first of a new monthly series of fried chicken and local craft beer dinners starting at 6 at Yards Bruncheon in Kendall Yards, presented by sister restaurant The Wandering Table. Get the meal and pints of River City Red, Afternoon IPA and VB Stout for $35 (includes tax and tip); for reservations, call (509) 443-4410 or email email@example.com.
– The Lantern Tap House kicks off its fourth annual Winter Beer Fest from 4 to 10 in the outdoor tent with offerings from Idaho, Montana, Colorado and California brewers, plus music by Benny & The Vinyls at 5. Admission is $15, which includes a tasting glass and five drink tokens; get a 4-ounce pour for two tokens, 10 ounces for four, a full pint for five (extra tokens $1 each).
– The Lantern Tap House's Winter Beer Fest continues from 4 to 10 in the outdoor tent with offerings from Oregon brewers, plus live music inside by GrooveAcre at 9:30.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys will be pouring Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout and Lolita raspberry sour.
– Bellwether taps a Mayan Warrior chocolate-chili porter collaboration with the winners of last fall's Blank Slate homebrew contest, brewed with roasted cacao nibs and home-smoked jalapenos.
– The Lantern Tap House's Winter Beer Fest continues from 2 to 10 in the outdoor tent with offerings from Washington brewers, plus live music inside by the Marshall McLean Band at 9:30.
– V Twin is serving $4 pints from 4 to 10 p.m. in honor of owner/brewer Barry Black's birthday.
– Bellwether taps a collaboration with local brewery-in-progress Four-Eyed Guys featuring wild-foraged rose hips and pine resin, along with a Vienna lager from the Four-Eyed crew.
– Hills' Restaurant and Lounge hosts its 38th beer dinner starting at 6, this time featuring Deschutes. The menu includes Pacific Wonderland lager with crab cakes, the 2015 and 2016 vintages of Abyss imperial stout with prime rib and Pinot Suave, a Belgian-style ale aged in pinot noir wine barrels, with chocolate/pineapple cake and huckleberry ice cream. Cost is $49 (includes tax and tip); call (509) 747-3946 (reservations close Friday).
And as always, keep checking back for more information about everything happening throughout the week.