A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Bellwether hosts a Holiday Shoppe from 1 to 10 p.m. with gift baskets of its own and from Hierophant Meadery, Twilight Cider Works and more, plus table braggot beer/mead blends, aebelskivers and live music; get photos taken with Santa from 2 to 6 for $8, to benefit Higher Ground Animal Sanctuary.
– The Lantern Tap House has an ugly sweater contest sponsored by Deschutes, with $5 pints all day (look for the 2013 Abyss imperial stout on tap) and prizes at night along with a Holiday Round singalong at 7:30.
– River City's Randall for the weekend is Sparky Red through elderberries and allspice.
– Iron Goat has tapped an imperial Goatmeal Stout aged in Dry Fly triticale whiskey barrels.
– The Viking is the first Eastern Washington establishment to pour Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout on draft.
– Twelve String celebrates its sixth anniversary from 11 a,.m. to 5 p.m. with a tequila barrel-aged double stout and food from O'Doherty's BBQ.
– Badass Backyard hosts a Gingerbread House Build Party starting at 4 with Christmas-themed drinks, music and decorations (bring your own construction materials).