A look at the weekend in local craft beer:
– Santa will be on hand for photos on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 238 Brewing.
– Trickster's celebrates its fifth anniversary from noon to 8 with a cask of stout on vanilla, coffee beans and French oak chips, an ugly sweater contest at 4 and free food from Iverson's Smokin Pig BBQ with beer purchase.
– River City's third annual International Marmot Beer Festival from 3 to 8 features eight variations on its seasonal Midnight Marmot imperial stout; get 2-ounce tasters of each plus a 12-ounce pour of your favorite for $20 in advance, $25 at the door.
– Paradise Creek is pouring free samples of its limited Peppermint Porter plus hot chocolate and s;mores from 6 to 9 p.m. following Pullman's annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
– The 21st annual 12 Ales of Christmas runs from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. at Capone’s in Coeur d’Alene; for $55, you get 7-ounce pours of a dozen winter beers, an all-you-can-eat buffet, a custom T-shirt and a goodie bag (plus a free cab ride home in the Coeur d’Alene area).
– Post Falls Brewing is donating $1 from every pint sold through Sunday to the Post Falls Police Department's Holidays for Heroes to buy gifts for families in need.
– Bombastic is pouring $20 growler fills of Mango Wisdom IPA and Sleuth Porter from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– English Setter has tapped a new Red Wheaten Retriever.
– The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys hosts its first beer yoga class at 9:15 a.m. Tickets are $15 in advance at the store, which includes a pint of beer, cider or kombucha.
– Bellwether's Hygge Holiday Market from 3 to 7 will include handmade leather goods, jewelry and soaps along with locally roasted coffee, fresh aebelskivers and hot mulled ale.