UPDATES SATURDAY 4/22
– Perry Street is pouring a new Amarillo single-hop pale.
– St. Augustine rye saison is back on tap at Selkirk Abbey.
– The Lantern Tap House has $4 Fremont pints all day.
UPDATES THURSDAY 4/20
– Lagunitas' annual Waldos' Special Ale – a big (11.9 percent ABV), dank IPA honoring the founders of the 420 marijuana movement – is on tap at locations including The Lantern Tap House, Manito Tap House, Nectar Wine and Beer, Pints Alehouse, Steady Flow Growler House, all three Growler Guys (Newport Highway, South Hill and Coeur d'Alene) and The Filling Station on 5th.
– Black Label is serving a sessionable Hop Hash IPA brewed with concentrated El Dorado hop matter.
– Hopped Up has a new Rumble Seat IPA dry-hopped with Simcoe lupulin powder.
– Iron Goat is pouring a spicy, fruity imperial Rye Not IPA.
– The Hop Hammer imperial IPA is back on tap at Pullman's Paradise Creek.
– Bellwether has a release party for its new Garden Gnome Session IPA, finished with strawberry and raspberry leaf, Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m.
– For Earth Day, Big Barn is donating $1 from every pint sold Saturday to The Lands Council of Spokane.
– One dollar from every pint sold at Perry Street on Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. will support the Spokane Riverkeeper water protection program.
UPDATES WEDNESDAY 4/19
– Pints Alehouse launches its Three-Headed Hop Monster weekend Friday at 3, featuring the collaboration imperial IPA by that name from Barley Brown's, Boneyard and Melvin along with Barley Brown's Pallet Jack, Ratchet Strap and Headshake IPAs plus Breakfast Stout; Boneyard's Notorious triple IPA, Armored Fist CDA collaboration with Three Floyds and Suge Knite imperial stout; and Melvin's Hubert pale. Beers will pour through the weekend while they last, with growler and crowler fills available.
– A Worthy tasting Friday from 4 to 7 at the South Hill Growler Guys will include the Bend brewery's Easy Day Kolsch, Stoker Red, flagship Worthy and Stratosphere IPAs and Lights Out Stout.
– Daft Badger is pouring a new pilsner dubbed Day Drunk.
A look at the upcoming week in local craft beer:
– The Spokane Arena is featured for this month's LocALE Mondays at No-Li; get a souvenir glass with a pint purchase (trivia at 6:30).
– Pilgrim's presents a free Firestone Walker tasting starting at 3:30.
– A Fremont night from 5 to 8 at The Lantern Tap House will include $4 pints and taster tray specials followed by music from Andy Rumsey and Marco Polo at 8.
– Five beers from Odessa's Rocky Coulee Brewing will pour in a tap takeover at Lost Boys Garage starting at 5, with $4 pints and glass giveaways.
– An Idaho Beer Month North vs. South night from 6 to 9 at Coeur d'Alene's Collective Kitchen (which shares space and taps with The Filling Station on 5th) will feature an IPA and a dark beer each from Downdraft and Selkirk Abbey in Post Falls and Boise's Edge and Woodland Empire, with customer judging.
– The Filling Station on 5th hosts a Lagunitas tap takeover from 6 to 8.
– Firestone Walker, Odell, 10 Barrel and Grand Teton will be featured in a Beer Olympics from 7 to 10 at The Coeur d'Alene Growler Guys.
– Several local breweries including Big Barn, Black Label, English Setter, Orlison, Paradise Creek, Perry Street, River City, Steam Plant, Twelve String, Wallace and Waddell's will pour at this year’s Micros for Mamas from 6 to 10 at Western Aviation on Felts Field. The event, which also includes food, live music and auction, benefits Spokane YoungLives, which supports teen mothers; tickets are $45.
– Post Falls Brewing celebrates its first anniversary Saturday and Sunday with new beer releases, food, live music and games.
And as always, keep coming back for more info about everything happening throughout the week.